- J.D. University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A. with distinction, University of Virginia
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- US Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta, Executive Committee, Corporate Board of Directors, & Chair of Council of Presidents
- Teach for America Metro-Atlanta Advisory Board
- Atlanta Police Foundation Board of Trustees
- Georgia State University School of Law Board of Visitors
- Great Promise Partnership, Governing Board
- Project Open Hand, Board of Directors
- Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2017
- Leadership DeKalb, Class of 2006
- Bleckley Inn of Court
- State Bar of Georgia, General Practice & Trial and Real Property Sections
- Council for Quality Growth, Board of Directors
A trial lawyer in every sense, Simon has tried high stakes civil matters at both the state and federal level throughout the nation, with great success, and is regularly considered on the “short list” for hotly contested civil matters that are heading toward trial.
In a time when nearly all substantial civil cases settle, Simon’s unparalleled civil trial experience is both rare and extremely valuable to a litigant. His experience includes handling legal challenges involving eminent domain, zoning and land use issues, contract disputes, partnership disputes, workout and lender liability, trademark disputes, and patents and trade secrets, among others.
Simon is a graduate of the University of Virginia, where he earned both his B.A., with distinction, and his J.D. He then served as law clerk to two U.S. District Court judges in the Northern District of Alabama.
Georgia Super Lawyers lists Simon as one of the Top 100 lawyers in Georgia. Since 2009, he has annually been included as a Super Lawyer and Rising Star. Simon has been recognized by the Fulton County Daily Report as one of 12 lawyers spotlighted in its annual “On the Rise” edition, and the Atlanta Business Chronicle chose Simon as one of its “Top 40 Under 40” list that showcases the city’s most accomplished young leaders in their industry and community. In addition, Georgia Trend magazine regularly includes him as a member of its annual Legal Elite edition.
In addition to providing personalized attention to his clients and their legal needs, Simon writes and teaches legal seminars and CLE sessions throughout the Southeast and served nine years as an adjunct professor at Emory University, where he taught the pre-trial litigation clinic.
Not only has Simon been recognized for his professional service, he is routinely recognized for the work he does to serve his community. He has twice been appointed by Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue to the Governor’s Commission on Public Service and Volunteerism. Governor Perdue also named Simon to the state board of the Department of Community Affairs, where he served as Chairman. Additionally, the Boys & Girls Club named Simon its BGCMA 2012 Board Member of the Year.
Originally from North Miami, Florida, Simon now lives in the Virginia Highlands with his wife, their daughter and their two dogs. For nearly 15 years, he has hosted the popular Pig Gig in his backyard. This annual charity event raises money for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta.
White Papers & Articles
10 Pitfalls in Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Measures to Minimize Subcontractors from Filing a Lien
Hearsay Objections and Exceptions
Foreclosure Defense Strategies
Chutes & Ladders of Real Estate Transactions – Avoiding Pitfalls in Drafting Commercial Documents