Stephen M. Parham
Steve Parham is the Managing Partner of Bloom Parham. He counsels clients and tries cases in the fields of commercial business, real estate, and tort litigation with an emphasis on both creative dispute resolution and aggressive trial advocacy.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law
- M.A., University of Georgia
- A.B., University of Georgia, summa cum laude
- State Bar of Georgia • State Bar of Alabama
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- All Alabama Trial and Appellate Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Atlanta Bar Association, Litigation Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Section
- City of Johns Creek Planning Commission
- “Charting a Successful Path to Retaining Outside Counsel: Best Practices for Businesses,” Daily Report
- “Owner Bankruptcy: What’s a Contractor to Do?” Construction Executive
- Obtained Emergency TRO to Stop Foreclosure Sale
- Summary Judgment Granted Relieving Client of Deficiency Balance After Foreclosure
- Zoning Variance Allows Homeowner to Proceed with Home Construction
- Client’s Business Operating Again after Court Vacated Previous Injunction Order
- Defeated Summary Judgment in Inverse Condemnation and Trespass Case with Utility Company
With extensive experience in both state and federal courts and appearing before arbitration and mediation neutrals across the country, Steve has tried cases to verdict in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Texas.
Over his career, Steve has represented publicly traded and private companies, real estate developers, contractors, joint ventures and partnerships, and individuals in a variety of cases, including partnership and business disputes, contract and guaranty litigation, commercial real estate debt workout and receiverships, construction defect and decay cases, foreclosure and confirmation actions, and virtually every type of real estate and real property matter, including license and easement disputes, title challenges, zoning and land use questions, boundary/survey suits, and quiet title actions. Steve also spends a significant amount of his time helping corporate clients grow and protect their businesses by counseling them in diverse areas such as risk management, corporate structuring and formation, real estate acquisition and financing, and general business matters.
Prior to joining Bloom Parham, Steve served as Assistant General Counsel in charge of retail and deposit operations litigation for the state of Georgia for SunTrust Bank. He has also served as a partner in the business and real estate litigation practice groups of Balch & Bingham LLP, a regional full-service law firm in Birmingham, Alabama.
He received his A.B. (summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa) and M.A. degrees from the University of Georgia where he was a Presidential Scholar and served as a graduate teaching assistant. He received his J.D. from Emory University School of Law and served as the Executive Articles Editor of the Emory Law Journal.
Steve is a member of the State Bars of Alabama and Georgia and is admitted to appear before the following courts: all Georgia and Alabama trial courts; the Alabama and Georgia Courts of Appeal and the Supreme Courts; the U.S District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama; the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia; and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; .
He is an active member of the Atlanta Bar Association’s Litigation Section and the State Bar of Georgia’s Real Property Section. Steve teaches local and national CLE seminars for the National Business Institute (NBI), among other organizations, on real estate, real property, and business related topics. He also has been recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyer for the past several years. Steve currently serves as a Planning Commissioner for the City of Johns Creek.
When not working, Steve enjoys working out, college football, and scuba diving. He is a native of Atlanta and resides in the North Fulton area with his wife and daughters.
Quiet Title Actions