Stephen M. Parham
Steve Parham is the Managing Partner of Bloom Parham. He counsels clients and tries cases in the fields of commercial business, real estate, and tort litigation with an emphasis on both creative dispute resolution and aggressive trial advocacy.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law
- M.A., University of Georgia
- A.B., University of Georgia, summa cum laude
- State Bar of Georgia • State Bar of Alabama
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- All Alabama Trial and Appellate Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Atlanta Bar Association, Litigation Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Section
- City of Johns Creek Planning Commission
- “Charting a Successful Path to Retaining Outside Counsel: Best Practices for Businesses,” Daily Report
- “Owner Bankruptcy: What’s a Contractor to Do?” Construction Executive
- Obtained Emergency TRO to Stop Foreclosure Sale
- Summary Judgment Granted Relieving Client of Deficiency Balance After Foreclosure
- Zoning Variance Allows Homeowner to Proceed with Home Construction
- Client’s Business Operating Again after Court Vacated Previous Injunction Order
- Defeated Summary Judgment in Inverse Condemnation and Trespass Case with Utility Company
Super Lawyer 2020
With extensive experience in both state and federal courts and appearing before arbitration and mediation neutrals across the country, Steve has tried cases to verdict in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Texas.
Over his career, Steve has represented publicly traded and private companies, real estate developers, contractors, joint ventures and partnerships, and individuals in a variety of cases, including partnership and fiduciary duty disputes, director and officer negligence claims, commercial real estate debt workout and receiverships, construction defect and decay cases, foreclosure and confirmation actions, and virtually every type of real estate and real property matter, including license and easement disputes, title challenges, zoning and land use questions, boundary/survey suits, and quiet title actions.
Prior to joining Bloom Parham, Steve served as Assistant General Counsel in charge of retail and deposit operations litigation for the state of Georgia for SunTrust Bank. He has also served as a partner in the business and real estate litigation practice groups of Balch & Bingham LLP, a regional full service law firm in Birmingham, Alabama.
He received his A.B. (summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa) and M.A. degrees from the University of Georgia where he was a Presidential Scholar and served as a graduate teaching assistant. He received his J.D. from Emory University School of Law and served as the Executive Articles Editor of the Emory Law Journal. Steve received one of Emory’s highest research and writing awards for his student note entitled Uneasy Bedfellows: The NLRB, Title VII, and the Employers Who Are Caught in the Middle.
Steve is a member of the State Bars of Alabama and Georgia and is admitted to appear before the following courts: the U.S District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama; the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; all Alabama trial and appellate courts; the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Georgia.
He is an active member of the Atlanta Bar Association’s Litigation Section, the State Bar of Georgia’s Real Property Section, the Lawyers Club of Atlanta, and the Alpharetta Rotary Club. In addition, Steve sits on the Board as the Outside Director for one of the Southeast’s most rapidly growing restaurant franchisors. Steve annually teaches local and national CLE seminars for the National Business Institute on real estate and real property related topics. He has also been recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyer for the past several years.
When not working, Steve enjoys working out, college football, and traveling abroad. He is a native of Atlanta and resides in the North Fulton area.
Quiet Title Actions