Troy R. Covington
Troy Covington is a partner at Bloom Parham. Successfully assisting clients for almost 15 years, he has been named a Georgia Super Lawyer for the past two years and was previously named a Rising Star for six consecutive years.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- B.A., Birmingham-Southern College, summa cum laude
- State Bar of Georgia
- United States Supreme Court
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta
- Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution Neutral
- Atlanta International Arbitration Society (AtlAS)
- Case Over Hebrew Insults Prompts International Arbitration Challenge in Atlanta U.S. Court
- “Owner Bankruptcy: What’s a Contractor to Do?” Construction Executive
- “Roe v. Wade Probably Won’t Get Overturned – But Here’s What Could Happy to Slowly Chip Away at Abortion Rights if the Supreme Court Becomes Largely Conservative,” Business Insider
- Bloom Sugarman Prevails at the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court Denies Certiorari and Ends Bid to Vacate Arbitration Award
- Georgia Court of Appeals Reverses Summary Judgment Regarding Interpretation of Loan Agreement
- Obtained $950,000 Award on Defamation Claim
In his role with Bloom Parham, Troy counsels clients on business matters involving trademark and trade secret claims, contract disputes, corporate governance disputes, partnership disputes, business torts, commercial property tax appeals, eminent domain and property condemnation, church governance disputes, boundary disputes, and lender liability. Troy is broadly experienced in litigation, having represented clients at every level of the state and federal courts in Georgia, including several victories at the appellate level. His in-depth experience in commercial arbitration has proven successful in both domestic and international disputes.
Troy graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in History and Political Science from Birmingham-Southern College before earning his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School. There he served as an Articles Editor for the Vanderbilt Law Review. He then embarked on his career with a clerkship for the Honorable Julie E. Carnes, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. Following this role, Troy worked for well-respected regional and national law firms as an associate, where he developed and honed his litigation skills. He is licensed by the State Bar of Georgia and is an active member of the Atlanta Bar Association and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta. Troy was recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star for six consecutive years and was named a Georgia Super Lawyer the last two years. In 2017, Troy became a registered arbitrator with the Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution. Troy frequently presents at continuing legal education seminars on his areas of practice.
From an early age, Troy wanted to be a lawyer. Being able to solve problems for his clients or remove impediments that keep them from meeting their goals is Troy’s driving force. He is also passionate about assisting people outside of the firm and is involved with community outreach through Peachtree Road United Methodist Church. Troy also recently completed the United Way Volunteer Involvement Program, a comprehensive ten-week training seminar for service on non-profit organizations’ boards of directors.
Originally from Athens, Alabama, Troy now lives in Marietta with his wife, Jennifer, and their two children. He likes to stay abreast on the latest developments in economics and politics, enjoys running and is an avid fan of the Atlanta Braves and Alabama Crimson Tide football team.