Simon H. Bloom, Partner
- J.D. University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A. with distinction, University of Virginia
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs, Vice Chair Board of Directors
- Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta, Executive Committee Corporate Board of Directors
- Georgia Commission on Service & Volunteerism, Second Term
- Marcus Autism Center, a division of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Advisory Council Board
- Georgia State University School of Law Board of Visitors
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Leadership DeKalb, Member, Class of 2006
- State Bar of Georgia, General Practice & Trial and Real Property Sections
- American Arbitration Association Neutral, Construction and Litigation Panels
Simon Bloom advocates for his clients in a variety of complex litigation matters. Specializing in the real estate industry, he regularly represents developers, builders, property owners and brokers throughout the United States.
A trial lawyer in every sense, Simon has tried high stakes civil matters in state and federal courts throughout the nation, with great success, and is regularly considered on the “short list” for hotly contested civil matters that are heading toward trial. Going to trial is a last resort, but having someone who frequently tries cases to judges and jury enhances one’s position in the midst of a civil dispute.
While he specializes in the real estate industry, he cut his teeth litigating intellectual property matters at a large national law firm. He handled dozens of trademark disputes, patent cases and trade secret matters over the first ten years of his career in jurisdictions throughout the country. Simon is a quick study and his aptitude for new technologies enables him to ramp up quickly.
Simon also makes it part of his law practice to provide a high level of personal attention to his clients so that he understands their challenges and goals, and contributes to their long-term interests as a trusted business advisor.
In 2007, he left his post as leader of the Real Estate and Construction Litigation Group at Powell Goldstein to found Bloom Sugarman Everett, so that he could provide the same high quality service from a more specialized platform. More than six years later, Simon’s list of clients reads like a Who’s Who among Atlanta’s real estate.
Simon attended the University of Virginia for both college and law school. In 2009, the Fulton County Daily Report named Simon as one of 12 lawyers spotlighted in its annual “On the Rise” edition. The Atlanta Business Chronicle chose Simon as one of its 2006 “Up and Comer: Top 40 Under 40” for the City’s most accomplished young leaders in their industry and community. Simon was named on the 2014 Georgia Super Lawyer’s list, as well as a “Rising Star” for the last five years of his 30’s. Georgia Trend regularly includes him in its annual Legal Elite edition.
He frequently writes and teaches about trying cases and real estate litigation at seminars and CLEs throughout the Southeast, and is an adjunct professor at Emory University, where he helps teach the pre-trial litigation clinic.
In recognition for the extensive time and energy he devotes to children’s causes, Governor Sonny Perdue appointed Simon for a second term to the Governor’s Commission on Public Service and Volunteerism. Governor Purdue also appointed Simon to the state board of the Department of Community Affairs, where he currently serves as its Vice Chair. Simon also serves on the corporate board of directors for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta. Simon was named BGCMA’s 2012 Board Member of the Year at the organization’s 75th anniversary celebration.